Eti Soda Inc. started production in 2009 at its new facility located between Ankara and Istanbul in the Beypazari Trona Bed, the second largest known reserves of Trona in the world.
The USD 400m plant uses solution mining to extract the Trona-brine, a new process with high efficiency and large scale capacity for production.
The current production is:
• Soda Ash Dense 1.5 million tons
• Sodium Bicarbonate 100,000 million tons.
Largest Soda Ash Dense production
• The Kazan Plant produces 2.5 million tons and 300,000 metric tons of Sodium Bicarbonate with several grades.
• Total production of the two plants will represent 60% of European capacity, and one of the largest producers in the world.
• They have a dedicated storage and loading facility at Derince Port, with total storage of 45,000 metric tons.
In addition to Soda Ash Dense and Sodium Bicarbonate from Eti Soda, Newport Industries purchase Soda Ash Light from European Manufacturers. Product is available in bulk, 1 ton big bags, or 25kg palletised bags.